2020 3rd African Martial Arts Web Seminar (Webinar), which is on the theme: ‘Martial Arts for African Youth and Women’, being organized by the UNESCO International Centre of Martial Arts (ICM) in collaboration with UNESCO Member States in Africa and its National Commissions for UNESCO, is purposed to provide online meeting platform to dialogue on current problems and challenges of African youth and women faced, and to raise awareness of positive role of martial arts and its education as well as changing paradigm of martial arts education and its counter-measure in the post COVID-19 era.
After a successful hosting of the 1st and 2nd African Regional Martial Arts Congress in Kenya in 2018, and Ghana in 2019 respectively, the consecutive 3rd Congress was to be held in Harare, Zimbabwe. However, we, ICM have decided to host our 3rd one through online due to the current state of COVID-19 pandemic which remains uncertain. Therefore, ICM is organizing the 3rd African Martial Arts Webinar through web, scheduled to take place on 24th - 25th November 2020. The Webinar is expected to convene about 20 related experts from UNESCO Member States in Africa and the field of youth education and women empowerment aligned with martial arts topics across the African Continent.
- Date : 24 to 25 November 2020
- Venue : Online Web Seminar (UNESCO ICM YouTube and Facebook Live)
- Time : 16:00 ~ 19:00 pm (3h, Local Time in Korea)
Africa Local Time Kenya (East) Zimbabwe (South) Ghana (West) 10:00 am ~ 13:00 pm (3h) 09:00 am ~ 12:00 pm (3h) 08:00 am ~ 11:00 pm (3h)
- Theme : Martial Arts for African Youth and Women
- Language : English
- Host/Organizer : UNESCO ICM
The 3rd African Martial Arts Webinar intends to :
- Create an online platform for in-depth discussions on current and contemporary issues in African youth and women
- Increase understanding of Martial Arts issues in relation to African youth and women and spread true values of martial arts and promote martial arts education in Africa
- Enhance African youth and women to participate in Martial Arts education to help achieve UNESCO’s agenda and SDGs with the current state of COVID-19 pandemic
Date Topic Day 1
Session 1 - Current Problems and Challenges that African Youth and Women faced Session 2 - The Positive Role of Martial Arts for African Youth and Women Day 2
Session 3 - Martial Arts Education and Changing Paradigm in Post COVID-19 Session 4 - Martial Arts as an SDG tool and Future of African Youth and Women
To participate in the 2020 3rd African Martial Arts Webinar, please register through this link (Go to link). You can find more information in here.
▶ SESSION 1
▶ SESSION 2
▶ SESSION 3
▶ SESSION 4
Contact Changhee HAN|Programme Specialist / International Cooperation Team|UNESCO ICM
Tel : +82 43 845 6728|Fax : +82 43 850 7349|E-mail : email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org|Website : www.unescoicm.org/eng