- Call for Applications -
2022 The 5th International Youth Online Martial Arts Camp
International Centre of Martial Arts for Youth Development and Engagement under the auspices of UNESCO (ICM) is calling for applications for the 5th International Youth Online Martial Arts Camp that will be held in July 2022. We aim to cultivate martial arts values, support physical and psychological development, and help build social engagement capacity for youth all over the world. We look forward to your active participation.
16 May 2022
Secretary General of UNESCO ICM
○ Official Name : The 5th International Youth Online Martial Arts Camp
○ Camp Title : 「Becoming Healthy Global Citizens」
○ Duration : 5 days total ＊All camp time and dates are based on Seoul, South Korea. Please check your local time and date here.
- 1st session: WED, 20 July ~ THU, 21 July, 2022 / 2days
- 2nd session: WED 27 July ~ FRI 29 July, 2022 / 3 days
○ Format : Live through online platforms (Zoom, ICM’s online camp webpage, etc.) due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and related restrictions
○ Participants : 40 youth from all over the world
○ Language : English
○ Main Activity
- Orientation Programs (Orientation, Meta-verse team building and networking)
- Martial Arts Training (Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, Korea’s Traditional Martial Arts Taekgyeon)
- Social Engagement Capacity Building (Global Citizenship Education, Love Fighting Hate Violence lecture*)
＊A special lecture that differentiates fighting in sports and violence by researcher at the University of Brighton.
- Group Activity (Preparation and Presentation on Team Assignments)
＊Topic : Real Practices and Idea Suggestions on Sports for Development and Peace, Reality and Ideal State on Youth Physical Activity During and After COVID-19
- Special Activity (Experiencing Korean Culture, Healing Meditation)
○ Number of Participants : 40
- Youth between the age of 15 and 18
- Ability to communicate in English
- Passionate and responsible to attend the whole sessions
- Interest in martial arts and world youth exchange
○ Benefits for Participants
- Certificates of Completion issued by ICM
- Prizes for best participant and best team
- Camp kits (to be used in each program during the camp) and souvenirs
□ How to Apply
○ Complete the application form on ICM’s webpage (unescoicm.org), notice board.
○ Submit the completed form via email before Sunday 12 June 2022 24:00 (KST)
- Send to : email@example.com
- Email Title : “[Online Camp Participant] Your name”
- Be sure to attach the application form
□ Important Dates
○ Applying Period : MON 16 May ~ SUN 12 June 2022 24:00 (KST)
○ Notification for final participants : WED 15 June ~ FRI 17 June 2022
- Final participants will be notified via email
- Those who do not reply to the email in 24 hours will be considered not participating.
○ The above schedule is subject to change due to un-predicted circumstances.
○ Submitted application forms will not be used for other purposes.
※ Due to Camp kit and souvenir shipping issues we kindly request those living outside of the Republic of Korea to submit application in teams or groups that can provide the same postal address in the application form.